Quality varies wildly with these, esp. when you get into the smaller (wider)
multipliers. I would stick with the more reputable brands (Century Optics,
Canon) unless you have the chance to try before you buy (or a source with a
great return policy).  Since they aren't actual lenses but rather lens
adapters, also remember you are adding another piece of glass to your whole
lens assembly (with your existing zoom already wide - meaning more of the
surface of the lens in focus) so keeping things clean and the aperture as
open as possible becomes crucial.

OTOH, the weird distortion from the cheapo brands can be great for those of
us who like the option to turn our camcorders into video Holgas/Dianas/Lomos
when the mood strikes.

Brook

Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art
www.brookhinton.com <<vlog links are here

TRACE GARDEN now available in flash format on Blip!
tracegarden.blip.tv