First thing is to determine whether your interview subject has a web cam.

Then, what video communications software they have.

Two options seem to work best: iChat (mac) and Skype (both mac & pc). Yahoo
messenger has video conference capabilities too. Basically, whatever video
conference software your subject has, you should have as well, and be
prepared to record from that. Else, convince your subject to download and
familiarize themselves with a new program.

For iChat, I use ecamm's Conference Recorder. This is without doubt the
easiest I've found. Trouble is, not everybody owns a mac.
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/conferencerecorder/

For Skype, I use iShowU (mac - thanks Verdi), which is a screen capture
program and may be used with any video-capable chat application. I've only
used it for an interview once, and still troubleshoot audio recording in it.

http://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html

Best of luck!

Jan

--