--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, Bill, I sent the orginal post, I was wondering if any vloggers
> were talking about this, from a "non main stream" view....

Actually, my post was addressing the "lack of conversation" about the
topic, not whether the topic should have been posted to this group.  I
apologize if I gave that impression.

I think ANYTHING should be brought up here.  Anything.

What I'm saying is that people shouldn't expect something that has
nothing to do with videoblogging to be hotly debated here... or even
responded to, actually.

> But according to you, since the event wasn't "vlogged" to begin with,
> I guess it has no place on this list (?)

Not my intent. :)

> I'm sorry dude, but I have to disagree, I mean this story was going
> no where, NO WHERE and it was grass roots, people making videos,
> people blogging, etc that MADE it national, but still it get's barely
> any coverage.

Apples and oranges.  Just because attention's been called to it
doesn't mean MSM's going to pick up the fumble and run with it.

> I thought one of the reason's some of the people on
> this list started vlogging was to cover the very things the MSM
> ignored.....

I can believe that.  I can also believe they're covering it.  If so, I
would expect to see posts from people saying "here's my video about
the Jena 6".  I still wouldn't expect hot debate here, regardless of
how horrific the situation is.

> I was simply asking if any vloggers out there were talking about it
> or more specficly if anyone on this list was vlogging about it
>
> Heath
> http://batmangeek.com

And I *absolutely* agree with you that you SHOULD wonder about that
and you SHOULD post about that.  I haven't been around here long
enough to know whether this group morphed from some kind of activism
forum into what it is today.  From the time I've been here, I've seen
ZERO indication of that, so I wouldn't expect anything that has
nothing to do with videoblogging to be replied to very much at all.

--
Bill
http://billcammack.com