around the 8/10/07 Bill Cammack mentioned about [videoblogging] Can
anybody tell me.... that:
>Can anybody tell me how come people aren't bitching and moaning about
>copyrighted music in:
>
>A) Public Access shows across the country

I can't speak for US but in Australia if there is music and you don't
have copyright clearance it will not be broadcast. end of discussion.
we have community statios here who regularly get sent great stuff
from secondary schools but of course it has a soundtrack with music
with no clearance, it cannot be broadcast.

i also teach in a uni. media program and we have an expectation of
all work from year one that it complies with copyright requirements.
We don't want graduates going to work and getting their employers
sued because they haven't learnt the basics of media and copyright
law.

lifecasting is interesting. Personally i think they should just let
you pay a nominal amount, eg USD50 a year, and that is your licence
so that while lifecasting if there is music in the background, you've
paid a licence. same way here inn australia you can play music in
your shop (you pay an annual licence to the Australian Performing
Rights Association and they distribute the money to the artists).
--
cheers
Adrian Miles