from my professor at columbia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sree Sreenivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Nov 4, 2007 7:33 PM
Subject: FILM: passionforcinema.com announces PFCOne - an online
one-minute film festival
To: SAJA E-mail Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>From SAJA E-mail Lists @ http://www.saja.org

FYI...

Sree,
I contribute to a colla-blog called Passion For Cinema. It is hosting
quite a unique little film festival - one minute shorts where the prizes
are internships with leading directors/writers in India.

If you could send out to the listserv or post on the blog that would be
great. Details are below - let me know if you need any more information.

passionforcinema.com

> Orange County, CA - September 3, 2007 - passionforcinema.com, a leading
independent voice on the Internet for Ć¢film fanatics and filmmakers around
the world, has announced PFCOne, a one-minute online film festival, to be
held December 1 - 5, 2007.

> The call for entries for PFCOne runs from September 10 to November 15,
2007, with the selected films put up for screening on the
passionforcinema.com website between December 1 - 5, 2007.

> PFCOne is a platform for anyone with a story to tell who has ever
dreamed of making a film to create a one-minute film to be viewed online
at passionforcinema.com. PFCOne invites all filmmakers or those who have
ever thought of making a film, to submit a one-minute movie using mobile
phones, camcorders, video, digital or movie cameras, or any other device
they can easily access which can capture motion pictures. Animated films
are also encouraged. There is no entry fee for the festival.

> PFCOne is a juried festival with prizes including film and screenwriting
internships with directors and writers on the forefront of the Indian
independent film movement.

> Confirmed jurors include:
>
> Rajkumar Gupta (Aamir, Black Friday, No Smoking)
> Surendra Hiwarale (0:00 PM, Mr. Ya Miss, Nishabd)
> Anurag Kashyap (No Smoking, Black Friday, Paanch)
> Nishikant Kamat (Mumbai Meri Jaan, Dombivili Fast)
> Pavan Kaul (Bhram, Ssshhh, Chor aur Chaand)
> Christina Marouda (President - The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles)
> Hansal Mehta (Woodstock Villa, Jayate, Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar, Chhal)
> Sudhir Mishra (Khoya Khoya Chaand, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Dharavi)
> Onir (Bas Ek Pal, My Brother Nikhil)
> Ramu Ramanathan (Playwright - director, journalist and editor) and,
> Suparn Verma (Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena, Chhal, Karam, Qayamat)
> "The main purpose of the festival is to connect with budding
film-makers, ask them to pick up a camera and tell a story. The main
criteria to judge a film would be the subject and its final impact on the
audience.  Film-making is an expensive art form. But if films are shot on
digital cameras and edited on laptops, it would prove to be quite
inexpensive. And if they win, it would give them further confidence to
take their talent forward." - Anurag Kashyap

> "Finding a platform to exhibit one's work is often impossible, more so
when it is of a purely personal nature without any commercial value
whatsoever. PFC has literally 'come into the homes' of many aspiring film
makers, taking their work to the world. I am always excited when I go to
the movies and now movies are coming to me..."  - Pavan Kaul

> "I am expecting to see a lot of interesting concepts coming out in these
one minute films, a platform for the aspiring film maker in everyone and
the possibility of discovering some crazy kick ass stuff.  I think
something like this sometimes results in tapping untapped creativity. Very
often people keep planning to make a small film... this kind of festival
gives this desire a push... and ultimately leading to spreading the desire
and want of good cinema." - Onir

> passionforcinema.com went online in September 2006 as a community
website designed to bring together all movie fanatics, cinema lovers and
those who eat, breathe and drink cinema in one place to review and discuss
movies, movie related events, movie personalities, personal opinions, and
to share personal knowledge on technical aspects of the medium. It has
since grown to become an influential voice for the leading edge filmmakers
and directors in Indian cinema, as well as an important source of news,
editorial content, and movie reviews related to Indian and world cinema.

> ###
>
> Media Contacts:
>
> Karthik Srinivasan, Director - Publicity, Advertisements and
Sponsorships / PFCOne
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Phone: +1 703.801.5628 (US)
>
> For more information on PFCOne and passionforcinema.com, please visit us
on the Internet at http://passionforcinema.com or contact the site
founder, Pankaj Sikka, at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
http://geekentertainment.tv