I don't think that's completly fair, I know for me, some of my best
writing comes from a group effort.  I have a buddy, I run a ton of
stuff by and we write a lot of stuff together.  I find when we do
that we create stuff that is far better than either of us do on our
own.

And in some cases, the on air talent is friends with the writers,
etc.  So they are helping each other....

Heath
http://batmangeek.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "terry.rendon"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone else seeing how bloated the MSM is? They're paying their on
air
> talents who are suppose to be seasoned writers and comedians (Jon
> Stewart, Jay Leno, etc) and get whole lot of money to do what they
do
> but they can't even hold their own when some writers leave.
> Meanwhile some people in new media are creating practically just as
> good material and they don't need a room full writers, a fancy
studio
> in Burbank or Manhattan, and a $10 million contract.
>
> I've always thought its ridiculous the amount of some these people
in
> traditional media get paid.
>
> More people are going to look for entertainment options on the web.
If
> the old media doesn't shape up and get rid of all the excess and
they
> are going to become increasingly more irrelevant.
>
> Terry Rendon
> www.terryannonline.com
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Baron <andrew@> wrote:
> >
> > The major studio writers are on strike starting today. They are
> > interested in obtaining royalties or monetary compensation for
their
> > work that airs online. I think the studios are moving slow and
can
> > not agree on how money will be made in the future are have been
> > unwilling to commit. Most of these people have contracts with
terms
> > well into the future that were defined a long time ago and thus
have
> > terms that make no mention of use online.
> >
> > Many major TV shows, including The Daily Show, may need to revert
> > reruns today because they depend on writers for up-to-the-minute
> > scripts.
> >
> > This is really a major shakeup for the industry. Many people
expect
> > this to go unresolved for months.
> >
> > What will happen next? How does or can this effect videobloggers?
> >
> > http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=writers
> > +strike&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn
> >
> > Hollywood writers' strike begins as talks collapse
> > 2 hours ago
> > LOS ANGELES (AFP) � Hollywood writers went on strike Monday
after
> > last-minute talks aimed at ending a standoff between studios and
> > wordsmiths collapsed, with the union demanding a share of cash
> > brought in from DVDs and online distribution of shows.
> >
> > "The strike is on," Writers Guild of America spokeswoman Sherry
> > Goldman told AFP.
> > The strike deadline was a minute into Monday in each US time
zone,
> > meaning writers in New York City were the first to walk off
their
> > jobs, according to Goldman.
> >
> > An 11th-hour negotiating session was held with the help of a
federal
> > mediator Sunday, but it broke down without achieving any results.
> >
> > Members of the 12,000-strong union plan to begin picketing
Monday
> > morning at major studios in the Los Angeles area and outside NBC
> > studio at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan.
> > The first casualties of the walk-out are likely to be talk
shows,
> > soap operas, and comedy programs that rely on fresh scripts.
> >
> > Major motion picture studios and television programs typically
have
> > stockpiles of scripts that can insulate them from feeling the
effects
> > of the strike for a year or longer.
> > Writers want a greater share of residual profits from television
> > series sold on DVDs and money made from programs shown on the
> > Internet, cellular phones, and other new media outlets.
> > Producers acknowledge that online viewing is increasing and
promise
> > to study the issue, but argue that it is too early to say how
> > profitable it will be.
> >
> > Writers are determined not to repeat a mistake made decades
earlier,
> > when they underestimated how lucrative home video sales would
become
> > and settled for a contract that gives them just three cents of
each
> > DVD film sale.
> >
> > "The biggest sticking point is new media, new technology,"
Goldman
> > said after the strike began. "Our mantra is, 'if they get paid,
we
> > get paid'."
> >
> > Writers get 1.2 percent of revenues from shows streamed online
for
> > one-time viewing but get nothing from content downloaded to own
from
> > websites such as iTunes.
> >
> > "This technology has boomed," Goldman said. "We need to get paid
for
> > new media," she said, rattling off new-fangled ways movies now
are
> > viewed, including "webisodes," "mobisodes" and "snippets."
> > "More of this is being shown on computer screens and we get
nothing,"
> > she said.
> >
> > For example, if an entire blockbuster film supported by ads is
shown
> > free of charge on the Internet, writers get no money because
studios
> > label the display "promotional."
> >
> > The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP)
has
> > refused to discuss anything related to new media in negotiations
> > during the past three months, Goldman said.
> >
> > "There is no common ground," the union spokeswoman said.
> >
> > Producers reject the guild's demands as unworkable and too
expensive,
> > setting the stage for the first major strike by Hollywood writers
in
> > nearly 20 years.
> >
> > The strike call came after talks between the guild and the AMPTP
> > broke down hours before an existing agreement expired on October
31.

> > "We are very disappointed with ... the action they took,"
Nicholas