I learned about ning.com from Steve Garflied and Chris Brogan, and
then I saw that Steve of JetSet was using it. and it if was robust
enought for Steve and Zadi, that was a definite plus.

then a tech friend of mine who is well versed in these things gave a
big plug for Ning.

then David Sklar of Ning came to BKLN 2.0, my monthly meetup http://
web.meetup.com/54/  and talked to us about ning.com, and i liked that
he was nearby for help.

my recent emails to their help desk have been answered within a day,
and they have  a ning site just for ning creators to help each other.

i like how one can customize the look, if you know CSS you can do all
sorts of things to it.

right now i'm working on some  URL domain mapping issues, then The
Greenhouse  www.thegreenhouse.gardenfork.tv will go live and i will
announce here.