--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Looks like you are using Joomla and blip.tv to power your site.  How
> do you like using that combo for a vlog?
>
> Anyone else using Joomla?

I have been using Joomla for about a year now to run my website
http://hestakaup.com.  I wanted to have a "coffee table" kind of video
blog rather than a chronologically linear one that I felt forced into
 with blogging software.  Joomla allows me to have a menu driven
platform  in which the visitor can make selections without going into
archives.  Everything is right there on a menu tree.

Also, I wanted to intermix video with text. I use vPIP to embed my
Flash videos so they appear without any promotional materials or
prompts, particularly at the end of the video.  That was a problem
with blip and vimeo.  Some  of videos  run  for  more than 20 minutes
and  others for less than 20 seconds.  I needed to  be able have  have
them start right up and stream at 500 kbs.

Http://hestakaup.com is definitely not a "show".  I think of it as a
video book or magazine.  Maybe  it's actually a vlog... It has a very
narrow niche which allows  me to explore  some issues at some depth.
Joomla has a learning curve, but it works  well as a CMS.

Stan Hirson
http://hestakaup.com