On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 3:15 pm, Brook Hinton wrote:
> I still don't get this obsession with "the business model" for
> videoblogging. How can you have a single business model based on a
> delivery mechanism?

Ding!

The internet is a way of delivering content. It allows different people
to play in the media game, but I don't believe it reinvents it
completely.

I've been making videos since I was 16 ... I'm 35 now. The fundamentals
of writing, editing, lighting, shooting & producing have gotten easier
to manage with technology since my 3/4" tape days, but they haven't
changes.

Producing shows for public access, making videos for DCTV, commercials
for cable TV, shooting the hometown parade, live three camera shoot of a
Dragon*Con costume contest, mastering DVDs ... It's all the same to me.
The differences between each are my end audience, not my method of
delivery (some of those projects have multiple delivery methods to reach
the same audience).

Pizza gets delivered at a table or delivered to your home. Does the
delivery method change the pizza?
--
Brian Richardson
  - http://whatthecast.com