> Why advertising is a dangerous way to go if you're interested in true
> things.

Somehow I've managed to sleep well at night getting paid by advertisers for
6 years. Then again, I'm largely trying to help people be less frustrated
with their computers, not change the world.

> One big reason big media rings so false: advertisers control content.

There is a big difference between advertisers controlling content and
advertisers abandoning a sinking ship (which is what I was talking about),
although there could be parallels. Controlling content might mean having a
show about training puppies that gets Purina to sponsor and then suddenly
switching your show to being the puppy snuff film of the week. Likely Purina
would pull the financial plug on sponsoring the abuse of animals, and the
show switching from training animals to killing them would be a good sign
that it's also a sinking ship.

Jake Ludington

http://www.jakeludington.com