--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Hudack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the future I do believe we'll be presenting "Related" videos on this
> page.  The related videos will probably be driven by a collaborative
> filtering system.  Right now we're evaluating four different CF systems.
> These systems work by providing recommendations on two planes: videos
> that are subject-matter similar to the video you're watching now and
> videos that are similar to videos you've expressed interest in before
> (based on a number of criteria like how long you watched videos, which
> videos you watched more than others, how you responded to them by
> commenting or rating, et cetera).

Check this out.  I was on YouTube the other day and I favorited a
Japanese hip hop video.  A little latter I went back to watch it again
and I noticed four of my favorites and one of my own videos in the
related videos box of the music video.  These videos had nothing to do
with the music video.  I thought, "wow, my favorites are controlling
the related videos!"  But the next day I went back again and the
related videos were all of the Japanese band.  So somehow they
filtered out.  YouTube is genius at finding and promoting viral
videos.  It's going to be hard to beat them at that game.

I rarely ever watch videos on the blip show pages.  And it's not
because of the layout.  It's because the serious content creators who
use your site tend to set up their own sites and organize their
content that way.

But I like what blip is doing with Five Head.  I think that's the
right direction.  A TV channel with a chat room right there.  People
want to be exposed to new content but they're lazy about it.  They
don't want to swim through a river of shit to get there.  But if
someone was operating a ferry, they might take that ride.  Especially
if they can yell "this is SHIT!" at the operator.

-John, totalvom.com