Hey all,

First of all, thanks to Jeffrey for doing the research on this. Does anyone
who have more experience fom Budapest have other suggestions?

I think the idea of having a communal space where we meet is essential. In
past VlogEurope sessions we have had clusters of people sharing space, and
it has added greatly to the experience of the whole event.

The reason why we want these things to be settled already now months before
the event is that it enables us to get better deals as well as ensure that
our booking does not come so late that everything is occupied.

My personal hope is that we can have 2 such clusters settled within a short
period of time, and that as we get people filled into the hives, we can
begin working on the context of the weekend, finding not only topics to
cover this year, but also presenters, and a way for the different 'sessions'
to lead to something being created (which was a focus introduced during the
06 VlogEurope in Milan).

We will be filling the VlogEuerope blog with further information and
discussion about topics and ideas over the coming weeks, that is at
www.vlogeurope.com

So again: If you have better suggestions for spaces in Budapest, please let
us know.

And yes, of course you are free to just choose your own hotel/hostel that
weekend. We will not Force you to eat your breakfast while 8 other people
are filming your face :)

Best,

Raymond M. Kristiansen
Personal vlog/blog: Don't Lose the Question www.dltq.org
VlogEurope www.vlogeurope.com

On Feb 1, 2008 4:39 PM, Jeffrey Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So here's the idea:
>
> 1. Informal "unconference" weekend, formal goals - no strict schedule, but
> strict context. We'll get into more details about this after we find the
> right space.
>
> 2. Communal Space in central Budapest where we can cook if we want, surf
> if
> we want, sleep if we want and meet when we want
>
> 3. No sponsors, as they come with expectations.
>

> I propose this space: http://www.lofthostel.hu/
>
> I Have not approached anyone yet and time is of the essence, so it's
> important I get feedback on this ASAP. If this place doesn't work out,
> I'll
> look for something similar.
>

>   - Is smack dab in the middle of everything in Budapest
>   - Can take up to 18 people (we can arrange for other apartments,
>   hostels, etc. in the general area once we hit more than 18 people)
>   - Has a common room
>   - Has a kitchen and free coffee tea
>   - Has wifi
>   - Costs about 135 Euros/150 US$/£75 for three days (they may cut us a
>   deal and make it cheaper as we guarantee occupancy –  as I said, I
> haven't
>   talked to them yet)
>
> What do you think? Please reply to the Vlog Europe Yahoo Group.

> Jeffrey Taylor
> Mobile: +33625497654
> Fax: +33177722734
> Skype: thejeffreytaylor