I keep my eyes on NewsU to find out what is going on
http://www.newsu.org  I think it depends on the integrity of the
newspaper and the resources available.

In Los Angeles the Los Angeles Times bought up ever local city paper
in the surrounding area. Overtime we lost those people who knew their
areas, their beats and what was the historical background of an area.

There has been no effort to experiment with the city and regional
papers to tell stories but the old way. The only reason they were
purchased was to keep the competition from gaining any ground. It
effectively killed off all of the new startup papers.

I look at the online version of the New York Times where they do a
good job of recording content specific to the paper and to the diverse
audience it serves. It might be that I like that Bittman too much but
the man can cook.

The regional US newspapers are going to the be pioneers of a meshing
of traditional news, multimedia and video content.

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com

http://www.apphotomanagers.org/ktmlpro/images/uploads/video%20editing.mov