Hi Jay,

It really is as simple as resizing your video to 640x480, then
exporting from QT Pro using the iPod export option. The resulting file
is 1500kbps, and has the "baseline low-complexity" characteristic to
make it run fine on all iPods and the Apple TV. I know it works
because people will complain straight away if it doesn't.

I only take the next step involving Videora iPod Converter to scrunch
it down further because I think that for the moment, 1500kbps produces
too big a file for the average person to download. As well, most
people will be watching on their PC or an iPod, not a huge widescreen
HD television, and a bitrate more in the order of 750kbps is also
being realistic about the quality of footage our camera gear produces.
But if you want something that works on both and are not worried about
big files just go 640x480, iPod export.

I was also sent some settings a while back for Compressor, but I'm on
a PC. I think I gave the settings file to Eric from Gardenfork.tv and
I gather he had some success with it.

Waz
www.crashtestkitchen.com