--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kathryn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> revisiting the great apple tv debate once more..
>
> I have spend the past few days experimenting with recompressing my
> "35" files- tricky because they are large files with a lot of
> movement and not a ton of light   (I know! I know!  lets not go
> there!)... what seems to work best for me is compressing a high
> quality .mov , importing into itunes and then recompressing again via
> the advanced tab  (thats also the best way for me to include my
> higher quality thumbnails).... but...
>
> itunes provides me with two options, a larger "convert for apple tv"
> file, a smaller "convert for ipod" file.... if I compress all my
> files to the larger apple tv specs... are they viewable on an ipod?
> I would  assume the answer is of course, so what are the downsides
> (besides download time).

AppleTV files are *NOT* viewable on an iPod.  The data rate is way too high,
and,
depending on how you make the AppleTV file, the frame size is too large as well.

If you want something compatible with both, you have to make a really good
quality "for
iPod" file, or do it the way they recommend @ http://freevlog.org .

Bill
http://BillCammack.com