If you are using iMovie 08 - good luck.
Easier to go back to iMovie 06. Open your media panel > audio. Find the song
in iTunes and drag it over to the time line - any place will do. Then trim
it just like you would a movie clip. Then move it to align with the place
you want in the movie. There is a slider bar below the timeline bar that
lets you fade music in and out. No music fading in iMovie 08 either, I don't
think.

iMovie 06 can still be downloaded from the Apple web site.

Apple also has great tutorials on their site for making movies.

Roxanne

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Leslie Guttman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   Hi - back again, I found the opera, now how do I edit the MP3 file to
> get the music to start mid-way in? I'm using IMovie, Thanks - Leslie
>
> ____________
> Leslie Guttman
> cell: 510.684.6457
> fax: 510.576.1747
> http://www.leslieguttman.com
> Equine ER: A Year in the Life of an
> Equine Vet Hospital (Eclipse Press, 2009)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk3KrRAPALc

Roxanne Darling
Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more
http://reef.beachwalks.tv
808-384-5554
Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv
Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com