I recently had an incident where many of the videos I had embedded on
Myspace message boards from Blip Tv had started playing automatically.
 This had the extremely undesirable effect of fouling the audio on the
homepage. We are making a documentary of the music scene in and around
our pottery shop, and the video posts, which were mainly musical
performances, were placed on the sites of musicians who were friends
with the people in the videos.  When our videos started playing
automatically, we suddenly were flooded with angry complaints from
musicians that our videos were messing up their pages.  AHHHHHH!!!  We
had inadvertently become Spamers!!!    I immediately deleted my videos
from Blip and e-mailed their staff for a solution to this.  I also put
out a bulletin in Myspace explaining and apologizing for the problem.
 Embedding video can be a great way to build an audience, but this
problem is suddenly making us more enemies than fans.  I'm hoping
there might be somebody in the videoblogging community who can toss me
a lifeline here.  

Nick Friedman
The Duckpond Pottery
Brevard, North Carolina
www.myspace.com/duckpondatdusk

Reply via email to