Yeah, they seem to advertise it as "Television, but on your phone",
but even people who watch television have CABLE, which means they have
tons of choices.

I suppose they're relying on exclusive content to make people want to
up the subscription fee.  Dunno.

Bill Cammack
http://billcammack.com

--- In [email protected], CCP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have a verizon phone that is V Cast enabled but I NEVER use it.  
I don't know anyone with Verizon that does use it.
> 
> Why I don't use it:  
> 
> I have no idea what it costs me to use, and I'm not willing to find
out.  
> 
> No idea what content is there, so I am not going to waste my time
'browsing.'
> My Samsung U740 (I think) runs out of battery power relatively quickly.
> 
> Media I DO use on my phone:
> 
> Music I put on the tiny little 1 Gig card that goes in the phone. 
This is good for waiting in line to entertain the kids.  They dance in
elevators.
> The QWERTY keyboard for texting.
> Occasional video.
> Occasional photo.  (again, I have no idea what this costs me to
upload and Verizon has all this private site stuff.  It's a ridiculous
end-user-hater labrynth.)
> 
> I suppose we could ask a few mobile natives (kids 15 and under) if
they use it.  It's pretty dead though.  Verizon will have to wake up
and unlock their phones for web access soon.  That is the only viable
option going forward.
> 
> -Christine PurpleCar
> 
> 
> 
>       
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Reply via email to