Hi video freaks. Please excuse the commercial interruption but I think some
of you might be interested in this. I've been working on a project with
Nokia and Spike Lee with the goal of creating a short movie (10-20 minutes)
from users with cell phones. The overall theme of the piece is HUMANITY and
it's broken down into three acts, Birth, Life and Death. The theme and
framework is Spike's idea. We are now in the third and final act, Death, and
to encourage greater participation we are challenging people to remake or
swede (as in Be Kind, Rewind) death scenes from their favorite movies using
their cell phones.

I am one of five "assistant directors" who are working to cull through the
bullshit and try to highlight some of the good stuff as well as guide people
through the submission process. The stuff submitted so far hasn't really
been stellar, so this is where you come in. The five ADs each get to pick
someone from the pool of submissions to fly out to the movie's premiere in
LA in October. Hotels and flights all covered by Nokia, anywhere within the
continental US that is. You'll get the satisfaction of seeing your remake
possibly making it into the final cut, hang out in LA  and shmooze it up
with Spike Lee. The catch is you need to have your sweded scene done and
uploaded to the Nokia Productions site by August 20th, which is in like 10
days. Any cell phone is fair game, doesn't have to be Nokia.

I'm not getting paid for any of this but am being compensated with the use
of a couple loaner phones and the promise of being flown down to LA for the
premiere and of course, getting to work with Spike Lee.  I'm sure Spike is
getting paid for his image being used though he genuinely likes the idea of
a collaborative film where anyone can participate. Hopefully, he'll still
love it when it comes time to edit everything.

I encourage anyone to give it a shot and shoot me an email if you need help
getting going. Also point me to your stuff when it's up so I can take a
look. I'd love to be able to give away the LA trip to someone on this list.
You LA people should do it too, I'm sure Nokia will pop for your bus fair!
More details and how to upload your content is on the Nokia Productions
site, which uses Jumpcut for video hosting/remixing. Make sure to tag your
submission 'famousdeathscenes' so it'll be considered for the free trip.

http://www.nokiaproductions.com/

Thanks!!

-eddie


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to