Blip's player rocks, and their support is even better - since you  
mentioned how much the others suck.

The Blip 2-pane Show Player is really helping me out this morning.

I'm mobile videoblogging a Music Festival this weekend, and all I'm  
using is a customised Show Player embedded onto one single post on a  
Wordpress blog.

http://thebigtimeout.tv/

So each new video will NOT go into a separate blog post.  They'll all  
be displayed from within one Blip player embedded in one single blog  
post.

People can subscribe via RSS, email and iTunes using the Blip feeds.

That way I can upload 10 videos a day direct to Blip from my phone,  
and my videos are easily browsable from one page, and I don't have to  
do any admin.

Last year when I movlogged the same festival, it was much harder for  
people to browse the videos, showing each one in its own blog post in  
a long list down the page.  And I kept having to look at the blog to  
check it was working.

It's making me wonder why I bother with a post-by-post videoblog at all.

And I've turned on the Blip Player's cool new H264 custom option, so  
that all my videos play in H264 format in the Blip Player rather than  
flv.  Thanks, Justin, for telling us about that here last week:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/message/71656

I'm also uploading from my phone to Share on Ovi, so that all  
festival goers can watch my videos on their phones at:
http://mobile.thebigtimeout.tv/
which redirects to my Share on Ovi mobile channel, autoconverted to  
3gp format.

I'm a happy boy today.  Thanks Blip and Ovi!

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv


On 15-Aug-08, at 10:06 AM, schlomo rabinowitz wrote:

Blip.tv has a similar player. You can see it on most of the pages:
http://schlomo.blip.tv

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Sheila English  
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

 > I got an email from the good folks at Veoh saying that I have 4 days
 > to find a replacement for the Veoh 2-pane player. If you don't know
 > what that is you can see one here-
 > www.readersentertainment.tv
 >
 > I really need a 2-pane player and was getting ready to move all  
single
 > pane players over to the 2-pane. Now I need to find another video  
site
 > that will give me a 2-pane player. Any suggestions?
 >
 > I was going to switch to Brightcove, even though I have to pay for  
it,
 > but Brightcove is even worse to deal with than Veoh. Customer service
 > is not good at either places in my experience.
 >
 > Sheila
 >
 >
 >

-- 
Schlomo Rabinowitz
http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
http://hatfactory.net
AIM:schlomochat

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to