Michael Moore is putting out his new film, "Slacker Rising", on the web
through blip.tv (for free).
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080905-michael-moore-skips-box-office-film-heads-straight-to-net.html

"*Slacker Uprising* details Moore's tour of 62 US cities in an attempt to
rally young voters before the presidential election in 2004. Moore says that
he originally considered releasing the movie in theaters, as he did with his
2004 film criticizing the Bush Administration, *Fahrenheit 9/11*. However,
he decided to go the online route instead as a symbol of gratitude to his
fans. "I thought it'd be a nice way to celebrate my 20th year of doing
this," Moore told the Associated
Press<http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?id=12199>.
"And also help get out the vote for November. I've been thinking about what
I want to do to help with the election this year."

I know Michael Moore and Radiohead have built-in audiences, but it is also
getting people used to these new distribution models.

Jay


-- 
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to