Rupert, that's a very handy trick that I intend to use in the future,
thanks!  &fmt=18 at the end of a youtube url will make it go to the hd
version!

Bre


--- In [email protected], Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
.
> Brilliant!
> Great idea, great trailer - I wish I had a TV to watch it.  I'll  
> support you in other ways.
> 
> Your YouTube URL was borked because it had a period at the end of it.
> 
> Here's the link to the High Quality version (you just add &fmt=18 to  
> the end of the URL to link to a HQ version of a YouTube video)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5DWyVrvlY&fmt=18
> Go watch, people
> 
> Good luck with this.  It made me think of the post Bill Cammack  
> linked to here last week - a discussion of Quality & professionalism  
> in online video versus regular TV & film.
> 
> Good work, Bre
> 
> Rupert
> http://twittervlog.tv
> 
> On 21-Sep-08, at 10:00 PM, pettisb wrote:
> 
> Hey Videoblogging Peeps,
> 
> I'm not on here a lot, but I check in from time to time as a lurker.
> I've had a videoblog for a while. I started off being a life blogger
> with a few other folks back in the day and then I went pro and did
> video for Make: Magazine and now Etsy.
> 
> Now I've got a pilot that might make it into a tv show. It's a little
> weird for me since I feel like the internet is way more my home than 1
> way broadcasting.
> 
> So I've got a few things planned to integrate the show with the
> internet that I explain in this post, I'll be checking in a few times
> over the next week and I'll do what I can to answer them.
> 
> What follows is what I'm sending out to folks I know and I wanted to
> send it out to you all too!
> 
> My TV show pilot called "History Hacker" airs this Friday September
> 26th at 8PM and Midnight on the History Channel. I'm the host of the
> show and I check out inventors in history and take a hands-on look at
> their inventions and then break it on down and hack the inventions
> together. I need your help to make the show go from a pilot to a real
> TV show.
> 
> The pilot is all about Nikola Tesla and the war of the currents
> between Tesla and Edison. In the show I learn how to blow a neon
> tube, explore wireless electricity and build an AC generator from a
> bike. I also go to Boston to visit an MIT space lab to see how the
> principles that Tesla pioneered are being applied to space propulsion.
> 
> The look of the show is awesome. The folks at History gave the
> producer, director, and director of photography permission to take my
> DIY style of making videos with lots of jump cuts and direct talking
> to the camera and push it forward into a longer format. It doesn't
> look like anything else on TV.
> 
> There are four things you can do to help make the pilot a TV show.
> 
> 1. Tell people.
> 
> 2. Please tune in on a Tivo if you've got one to help boost Nielsen
> ratings. On Tivos it's actually labeled as "Hacking History"
> http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=365730
> 
> 3. Once you've seen the show, send a feedback email telling the folks
> at History what you think. Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 4. Also after the show has aired, please drop a note with what you
> think of the show in the History Forums at
> http://boards.historychannel.com/topic/History-Now/New-Pilot-This/ 
> 520012982
> 
> You can also participate on Facebook, Flickr, Youtube and stay tuned
> to my Blog
> 
> Facebook: If you enjoy the show and want to participate more I've set
> up a facebook group that anyone can join at
> http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25165214526.
> 
> Flickr: I'm also really curious about the people watching my show so i
> set up a flickr group. Please take a picture of yourself watching the
> show and upload it to the group at
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/historyhacker/. It will be really cool
> to see who's watching the show!
> 
> Youtube: I've posted a teaser on youtube that gives you a feel for
> what the show will look like. Go check it out at
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5DWyVrvlY. I'll have at least one
> more teaser coming out soon on my youtube channel. You can click the
> yellow subscribe button to see them before anyone else.
> http://youtube.com/brepettis.
> 
> Blip: I've also got these on Blip.tv which is what plays on my main
> page at http://brepettis.com and bre.blip.tv
> 
> My Blog: I'm writing about the experience of starting up History
> Hacker and posting behind the scenes material at
> http://brepettis.com/blog. I'm actually going to put the content of
> this email on my blog too at
> http://brepettis.com/blog/2008/09/21/help-turn-the-history-hacker- 
> pilot-into-a-tv-show/.
> 
> Thanks for your support! I can't wait to see it on Television and I
> hope you get a chance to tune in and help me make this pilot into a TV
> show!
> 
> Bre Pettis
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Reply via email to