--- In [email protected], "David King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Anyone know of any k-12 schools that are doing cool stuff with video? I'm
> writing a "primer" article for a magazine on video on the web for schools,
> and they want examples...
> 

I recently helped out with a YouTube-based, video contest held by a locally 
based, distance 
learning school for K-12.  Their students are all over the world and they asked 
them to make 
videos explaining why home schooling is cool.  Three age categories.  I viewed 
every one of 
the 60+ entries and learned a lot about how students completed their projects 
and in some 
cases, collaborated.

http://www.laurelsprings.com/videocontest/index.asp

An interesting side note: since the contest, I have seen one of the winners 
videos remade as 
a commercial on television.  The TV version is very polished, but virtually 
word for word the 
original.  I've been meaning to inquire if that student was involved in that, 
or just ripped off 
by some ad maker.

Reply via email to