Does anyone use Google Adsense on their blog?  Or any other form of  
text link advertising?  I don't see Adsense ads *anywhere* on blogs  
or videos sites.  But in my day job, every other site I looks at has  
them.

Google announced a 26% profit increase in Q3. And a 31% increase in  
revenues. And an 18% increase in clicks on text ads.
While the rest of the world goes to hell.

My stats tell me I have around 70000 page views a month, and 30000  
visits from 8000 users.  Despite my best attempts to be unreliable  
and uncommercial.  I've read that average click through rates are  
0.5% to 1% and average payment per click is 25c.  If that were true,  
that'd mean I'd get a few hundred clicks per month at a quarter each,  
which would be better than a poke in the eye with a shitty stick.

My guess is that people visiting my site wouldn't click on Ads.  And  
that they might even think it was tacky.  But I bet there are people  
here who have more traffic than me and could get away with it.

Thoughts?

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

Reply via email to