Hey JD - for some reason FCP has been borked like this back to version
4.5 or whenever they came up with the ipod presets. What I do is
export a full resolution copy from FCP and open that in QuickTime pro
and then compress from there. QuickTime pro gets it right. Doesn't
make sense but that's the way it is.
- Verdi

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:32 PM, JD Lasica <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I've been experiencing a strange problem.
>
> I shoot my videos in HD on a Canon VH20 at 1440x1080 (and output the
> finished works at 480x270).
>
> When I output the finished video in iMovie (as mp4, .mov or .m4v for
> the iphone), they turn out fine.
>
> When I output it in Final Cut Pro, they turn out fine in .mp4 but
> distorted (squeezed and deeper) when I export in either:
> QuickTime Conversion > iphone (where it's all done automatically)
> QuickTime Conversion > QuickTime Movie
>
> I asked my FCP tutor about this yesterday and he couldn't track down
> the problem.
>
> Could the culprit be FCP's Audio/Video Settings? Or do I need to
> change something on my camcorder?
>
> Thanks, O Wisdom of the Mailing List!
>
> jd lasica
> ourmedia.org
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>



-- 
http://graymattergravy.com

Reply via email to