Just to play devil's advocate, YouTube is not a bad place to be.

You can have H264 videos and link to them for podcasting.

As long as you turn off the moronic comments or turn on moderation,
you can enjoy the increased traffic that comes from posting certain
things there.  My Flashmob video has had 150,000+ views there, and
only a few thousand on Blip.  And it looks crap on both sites.

If you want to link to a YouTube video in H264 high quality, just add
&fmt=18 to the end of the URL.

If you want to embed a H264 high quality version, just use my embed
code generator:
http://twittervlog.tv/youtube-high-quality-embed-code-generator.html

If you want to use YouTube as a host for your video podcast, or link
direct to the H264 MP4 version of your video, use youtubemp4.com and
insert the video's ID code from its URL before .mp4, thus:

http://youtubemp4.com/yourvideosidcode.mp4

Plus they have all sorts of cool tools like Annotations and traffic
measuring.

Don't tell anybody, but I think YouTube is cool.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> Which goes back to my original point of why bother to care about YT
quality video in the first place?  We all know it sucks compared to
iPod MP4 and even other Flash hosts (BlipTV comes to mind).

> If he really wants to use Flash and wants to maintain control over
his copyright, YT is HARDLY the place to do it.  You know that as well
as I do.

> Besides EVEN IF someone were to steal his work, all he has to do is
direct TPTB at YT to his blog where he has a Creative Commons License.
 If it's the appropriate license and is authentic, YT will take action
against the spoofer.  End of story.

> That said, I personally don't care if someone steals my videos
because I don't have anything crying over.  But then again, he may
have poured hours into his work and from that standpoint, I can see
why he'd be a little upset.

> But either way you look at it, YT is THE LAST place I'd rely on to
securely host videos (Whether they're copyrighted commercially or with
a Creative Commons License).

http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com/
http://kb0oxdcybershacknews.blogspot.com/
http://theleftwingconservative.blogspot.com/

"stolen" (Your word) because the video quality is so poor, we don't
prominently feature it on the main blog page anyway (Though most of us
do link to our YT channels & log into our YT accounts to see who has
subscribed to us and to check for new videos from people we've
subscribed to).

> But aside from that, that's about as far as most of us go with YT.
>
> Secondly, what you mean by "spoof" accounts?
>
> Lastly, if you don't your videos to be downloaded or embedded, why
not just simply disable embedding on the options page you see after
the video is uploaded? That would solve the problem right there. This
way, all other people see when they view your videos are the words.....

> EMBEDDING DISABLED BY REQUEST (Or words to that affect) where the
HTML code for embedding would ordinarily be.