way back in 1980 when i was working on the computer animation for
TRON we had frame drop problems every time the electroplating factory
sharing the same power grid with us turned their machines on or off.

you might want to isolate your power supply - a dedicated circuit?

or you might want to separate your cables - put the firewire a few
feet away from the power cables.

back in the day we took our ribbon cables to a place that wrapped
them in a copper braid for electical shielding.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Quirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Amazingly, this problem decided to solve itself. I have no idea how
or why,
> but I have no more latency issues.
> Thanks for the help, universe.
>
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Jan McLaughlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Troubleshoot:
> >
> > Have you tried the setup with a shorter firewire with the same (or
> > different) results? If the problem solves itself with shorter
firewire,
> > then
> > some kind of amp in the line may be just the thing. Peter @
Gotham Sound