> MM has all I need in way of bells and whistles but it has an extremely
> annoying cut tool which I find very difficult to deploy the way I want.
> So I'm learning to use VirtualDub which slices and dices like the best
> kitchen helper tool. There's no comparison in the way Virtual Dub cuts
> the clips and its better than Ulead and Pinnacle, I think, in that
> regard.
> The ebook manual written for it is very comnprehensive:
> http://www.packtpub.com/virtualdub/book.
> I gather there are quite a few folk in the video universe who prefer
> to combine VirtualDub with Movie Maker so I was wandering what sort
> of capture to publish protocol they followed?
> I assume that finishing off would also involved QuickTime Pro prior to
> upload -- so that's three program tools for the one end result. I've
> got no issues with that. I just want precise control over my slices
> and dices...

I was just helping a friend this week figure out how to import clips
from a new HD camcorder onto his Windows machine.
Since I use a mac, I am learning myself.

The difficult part is getting clips so Movie Maker will recognize them.
we used MPEG Streamclip to convert files: http://www.squared5.com/

My friend didn't mind Movie Maker too much, but I also showed him how
to do simple editing in QT Pro.
Ill definitely send him a link Virtual dub.
its too bad one lightweight program doesnt do it all on the PC.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790