Killer questions from both you and Jackson. I'll try and get screeners
to you guys. Far North is a great movie :)

Celebrity smeblity - I'm just a hack and you know it.

Mike

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Rupert <[email protected]> wrote:
> You forgot to mention Harrison Ford, Gordon Brown, etc. You are the
> celebrity videoblogger.
>
> I have questions:
> 1) I'm interested why after a)the success of The Fast Runner and b)
> Kapadia's own films in which he cast Indians as Indians, he cast
> Michelle Yeoh as an Inuit woman in Svalbard. Surely this was a great
> opportunity for an unknown Inuit actress?
> 2) Why did they change the name of the original short story from True
> North (a much better name) to Far North which doesn't mean anything?
> 3) Kapadia seems pretty cool - he started out making documentary
> shorts by himself about the world around him, then went to the Royal
> College of Art and made bigger shorts - and now he's still making
> shorts (though I haven't seen them) even though he's a working
> feature film director. Why does he do it? To keep practicing his
> art when he's not working on features? If so, why not use little
> cameras and work on his own like he used to, rather than spend lots
> of money on a crew - share the films online as part of an ongoing
> body of work, and have a direct connection with his audience?
> There's a whole new generation of filmmakers here who are making
> ongoing documentaries about the world around them and connecting
> directly. Or does he feel that as a well-known director, he doesn't
> have an interest in sharing his work this way?
> 4) Sean Bean. Why?
>
> Rupert
> http://twittervlog.tv
>
> On 18-Dec-08, at 5:20 AM, mikeysizemore wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> So I mess around with pointing video cameras at interesting people
> from time to time (for my sins I was the idiot who got Spielberg &
> Lucas on Seesmic earlier in the year). Later today I'm interviewing
> Michelle Yeoh and director Asif Kapadia - I'll be pointing my trusty
> HG10 at them, but we're sourcing questions via Twitter. As usual with
> these things it was all very last minute, but if anyone on this list
> wants to pose a question in the next three hours or so just ask it on
> Twitter and add the hashtag #FarN at the end so we can track it. More
> info here:
>
> http://www.farnorththefilm.com/2008/12/help-us-interview-michelle-asif/
>
> I hope this isn't spam.
>
> I'm hoping to cut the footage with questions from the Twitter stream
> and Seemic & Phreadz etc. No idea how it'll turn out, but fun to play
> with this stuff.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> 



-- 
Mike Atherton

Saying the wrong thing since 1972

Writer | Tech Hipster | 9 Kinds of Wrong

http://www.sizemore.co.uk
http://twitter.com/sizemore

Reply via email to