Big pet peeve of mine when US orgs call themselves international in word,
but not in deed. I'm willing to help in any way I can, and have lots of
ex-US contacts, so anyone "in charge" please feel free to ping me. I
understand that there's reps from international companies, but a big missing
I see here is the independent creators from outside the US. They need
empowering, too!

In any case, I'm glad this is coming up. Commercial online video producers
need legitimacy, best practice and labor standards in the face of
traditional corporate hegemony. Traditional media execs needs to know that
online "shows" are not cat pissing in toilet vids on YouTube. The community
needs to develop guidelines, not a set of rules, that can help emerging
talent create their own wins. And most importantly, commercial online video
producers need to ensure that they're not relegated to being "cheap labor"
just because they can do everything studios can with fewer people and less
overhead. Cheaper is fine, exploitive is not. For these reasons, I really
hope that the iawtv is a success.

I think the thing we all need to realize now is that the medium is
developing to the point that different genres are solidifying in online
video content. This is a wonderful thing, and we need to ensure that we put
the cheering on of people following their bliss at the forefront and put our
"I don't like this" and our "I wouldn't do it that way" types of statements
on the backburner.

--
Jeffrey Taylor
912 Cole St, #349