Wicked cool.

Pardon the bad pun, but this is some outside the box thinking. :)

The basic concept here (in case people don't get what's so cool about
it), is pulling what were once proprietary features of video formats
like Flash and Quicktime and indeed military grade technology out of
the video and exposing them in HTML.  This demo appears to be showing
specificaly on feature which is motion tracking of the contents of a
video. Once this feature is accessible via HTML javascript and other
web browser native languages can be used to control and work with it.

This is just one example on a huge new frontier that goes well beyond
being able to simply play/ pause control of videos.

-Mike