http://www.csh.rit.edu/~parallax/

I don't consider myself to be much more than a casual YouTube user. I'll
> upload maybe one or two things a year, but nothing amazing or anything I put
> any real effort into.
>
> For example, one of my videos depicts three members of my high school's
> marching band dressed in pajamas at an overly girly sleepover. The song used
> in the background was "I Know What Boys Like" by The Waitresses. I thought
> it was hilarious when I was 17, but I had all but forgotten about it five
> years later.
>
> I was caught by surprise one day when I received an automated email from
> YouTube informing me that my video had a music rights issue and it was
> removed from the site. I didn't really care.
>
> Then a car commercial parody I made (arguably one of my better videos) was
> taken down because I used an unlicensed song. That pissed me off. I couldn't
> easily go back and re-edit the video to remove the song, as the source media
> had long since been archived in a shoebox somewhere. And I couldn't simply
> re-upload the video, as it got identified and taken down every time. I
> needed to find a way to outsmart the fingerprinter. I was angry and I had a
> lot of free time. Not a good combination.
>
> I racked my brain trying to think of every possible audio manipulation that
> might get by the fingerprinter. I came up with an almost-scientific method
> for testing each modification, and I got to work.
>

-- 
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com
http://twitter.com/jaydedman
917 371 6790


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to