I realize that this a perennial topic but I suffer from dissatisfaction with my
present editing protocol and software.

I've been using Sony Vegas Platinum 9.0 and it's an OK way of handling clips
but I find the text options cumbersome and too snazzy for my needs. What I
really like are the easy and creative options offered for titling in Windows
Movie Maker.But Movie Maker doesn't like handling too many clips and will often
crash on me.

So I've begun to edit up my videos elsewhere and finishing them off in Movie
Maker so I can use the titling options. I like adding text to my videos in
preference to the spoken word and MM has the titling bells and whistles   I
want to use.

I've also gone back to using VirtualDub which is the fastest, cleanest  and
most precise tool I've ever had my mouse in.It makes editing so fast. After
using it I get one clean clip to play with in Movie Maker if I need to.

But I don't want to do TWO edits with TWO RENDERS if I can help it as I also
use QuickTime to EXPORT for my web publishing format.

The advantage is that compared to Sony Vegas the SAVE/Render time is much
shorter in both Virtual Dub and Windows Movie Maker.

So my question is:(aside from finishing off with QuickTime  for us Windows
Users)  does anyone else rely on two editing programs to edit their videos?

dave riley