Hi all, I just got one of the new Canon Powershots, the SD 780 IS, and it records in 720p HD. I'm looking for a basic editor to stitch and trim clips. I generally use Movie Maker or the FlipShare software with my Flip Mino and Canon Elura 60, so I'm not looking for anything too fancy. Since MovieMaker won't take .mov files, what do you suggest? I've never used Quicktime Pro, and they don't have a trial. Would QT Pro have what I need? I mainly post to Blip.tv, so I don't really know if HD is that important to me at the moment, although I would like to get quality that is better than my Flip (which is why I bought the Powershot in the first place).
I guess another option is to just use the 640x480 recording mode, and then convert the files to AVI with Quick Media Converter or Handbrake. Converting the HD files to 720x480 AVI(or as close to 16:9 as you can get) works okay, and I am able to pull the files into MovieMaker. However, I lose the HD and there are some conversion artifacts. What are my other options (buying a Mac or a new computer is out of the question) ? I've also been dinking around with a trial of Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro, which someone recommended on this list. However, it appears to be a bit overkill at the moment for my needs. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. -- Chad F. Boeninger libraryvoice.com - blog libraryvoice.com/videos - videoblog twitter.com/cfboeninger [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
