(1) Yes, Windows Movie Maker  Portable  is I think limited to XP and before as 
it is a revamp of an old release before Microsoft rolled back some of the 
features.

(2) I'm still experimenting by saving my videos and opening up various renders 
in different programs to see m what my options are. That I can go back and 
forth between Movie Maker and VirtualDub is important to me.As I learn my way 
through the complexities of video formats, bit rates, and the like I need to 
cover my bases via such a means.

(3)My main interest was to extend my titling options. MM Portable offers an 
extensive range of video effects but relies on the previous Titling options -- 
which are nonetheless quite useful without being snazzy. And titling, 
nonetheless, with MM is so darn easy.

(4)However, there's an interesting hack that I'm going to pursue for Movie 
Maker 
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJohn/13/IrfanView_With_Movie_Maker.aspx
which uses a great little program -- IrfanView -- to create titles on 
successive frames.

(5)But then, one of my preferred editing programs, Ulead VideoStudio Pro , is 
being offered by Corel  for $US50 all this month which is  a bargain in any 
one's currency. `When I was using Sony Vegas I found minute clip work 
cumbersome with the program. But then for gross editing VirtualDub is so much 
faster. So I may end up teaming VirtualDub with Ulead VideoStudio Pro. I'm 
currently using their 30 day free trail. So I wonder: is there enough extra 
oomph in Ulead to warrant the money (not much) or the habituation? Unlike Sony 
Vegas, Ulead is kind to my system's resources.

(6) I also explored Cyberlink Power Director but thought that it's one 
advantage was its rendering speed -- despite its good reviews.

dave riley

> 
> You can also get VirtualDub Portable 
> http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/virtualdub_portable 
> 
> and Movie Maker Portable 
> http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23092-update-portable-original-movie-maker-for-7/
>  
> with 147 Transitions and 76 effects ...capturing some older features not in 
> later releases. 
> 
> Handy apps for touring between PCs... 
> 
> dave riley
>


Reply via email to