Hey gang:

Thought I would post some eyewitness footage of the massive 20,000 foot smoke
plume from the Station Fire here north of Los Angeles:

http://www.blockbustermultimedia.com/?p=297

The fire really exploded Saturday while I was in Starbucks. I came out and
suddenly, from over the hills, there was this massive white smoke cloud that
wasn't there in the morning.

I didn't have my camera with me, but I did have my MacBook, with iSight built
into the top of the monitor.

So I broke out the lap top, fired up iMovie, clicked the start recording
button, and despite the bright sun, used iMovie as a viewfinder and held up my
MacBook, pointing it in the direction of the fire.

I am sure it looked weird but it actually worked!

If you are ever in an "eyewitness news" type of situation, yes you can use your
entire laptop as on oversized digital video camera, as long as it has a
built-in webcam.

Later footage was captured with my Flip when I drove back home. Edited in Sony
Vegas.

http://www.blockbustermultimedia.com/?p=297

Rob

http://www.MagicalMultimediaTour.com