The holy grail for documentarians is an Oscar nomination or nomination for
another award. Many of these awards require that the film only be seen on
theatres in order to be nominated. As a result, the culture of documentary
film-making will be geared towards traditional theatre presentation until
the rules for awards begin to change.

I personally feel that this is suppressing the art of documentary film, and
hope that the motion picture academy and other orgs will relax these
requirements in order to give documentarians more opportunity to distribute
and make money from their work.

--
Jeffrey Taylor
912 Cole St, #349