Yes, it is - fantastic.
I thought of that lomo aesthetic today when watching Robert Croma's
new video
http://robertcroma.com/2009/09/14/night-impromptu/

He doesn't make them very often - this is the first for about six
months - but he often takes a simple moment he's captured on the
street and puts it through some postproduction, transforming what is
already a wonderfully real human photographic moment into something
even more affecting.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv