> Is the Pip player still in development? I used it a couple of years ago but
> for some reason felt it no longer had updates or >support?

Enric developed http://vpip.org/. About 18 months ago, I believe he
decided to slow down on updating it. He open sourced much of it so
others could pay with it.

> What advantages does it have over the JW player?

What vPIP did well is contained in the name: "Videos Playing in
Place". Many of us used it because you could link to different formats
in the same player. vPIP also has that "lightbox" effect that you
spoke of.

Since then flash players like the JW player can play H264, as well as flash.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com