another (cheap!) way to upgrade your lighting would be to mount another fluoro
vertically, say, to the side of that wall hung cabinet.  yes, they flicker, but
get enough of them going from different angles and interesting things happen.

this vertical unit would help with lighting the face.  back in my days as a
carpenter many a client thanked me for the lights down both sides of the
bathroom mirror rather than one big one from above.

and it won't challenge your camera's white balance, like mixed wavelengths
from various types of light might.

we got 8' white enameled look like they came from StarWars fluoros from a
salvage yard, cheap including bulbs.   we just set it upright on the floor,
bungie cord the top,then try to avoid walking in front of it!  such shadows!