Hi Jenn,  Nice to meet you! As a big fan of Ehrensenf, I'm curious: what
other videoprogram-type vlogs are popular in Germany?  Best, Kirstin
http://www.digest.tv <http://www.digest.tv>
 http://www.twitter.com/kirstinbutler
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "elaluca11" <m...@...> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Jay and Irina!
>
> I had checked the first 20 messages from the beginning of this group
before I signed in. Really interesting, not only because it's already 5
years old.

> I agree, from 2005 on the Web-TV-community changes a lot because of
YouTube. I divide the Web-TV-development in three parts: from 1993 until
2000 with pseudo.com, DEN and webisodes, 2000 until 2005 and the
YouTube-era until today.

> Actually, there are not so many German-speaking vlogs. Most formats
tend to a genre I call videoprogram (those I am concentrating on), they
are more a semi-professional produced show or magazine (like
Rocketboom).
> One quite famous videoblog of the scene just gave up: She
(Schnutingers Netrzkabarett) was bashed because of acting in a
commercial . However, in Germany there are rather videoblogs of
prominent people than those of average citizens: like Angela Merkel's
videoblog
http://www.bundeskanzlerin.de/Webs/BK/De/Mediathek/Videos/videos.html
(it's stiff and a kind of deadpan but unintentionally funny), the former
videoblog of a famous show master (the German David Letterman: Harald
Schmidt) or one blog of a German journalist:
http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-36686.html.

> Bye
> Jenn
>
> P.S. Irina, I'll check Geek Entertainment TV out! Thanks for it.
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Irina irinaski@ wrote:
> >
> > hi jennifer
> >
> > i am happy to help u as well
> >
> > i am not like steve or jay from 2004
> > but i am from 2005 lol (november, honestly)
> >
> > we are still producing it if u can imagine
> >
> > still wordpress plus blip.tv
> >
> > i have done many shows since then
> >
> > and just started a new one for an online newspaper in sf.
> >
> > irina slutsky

> > > so many people sharing thoughts about this topic!
Steve
> > > Garfield and Adam Kontras), English- or German-speaking ones?
> > >
> > > You should look in the archives of this group, started in 2004.
> > > Here you will see how we were talking about "videoblogs" back
then. Plenty
> > > of debates over the concept, term, and technical implementation.
This is
> > > one
> > > of the frist messages of this group:
> > >
> > > (Peter and I) have had long talks about videoblogging and wanted
to bring

> > > be
or moments

> > > When this group started, there were only a few people who I found
that were
> > > consciously posting video to blogs. Like Steve Garfield or Adrian
Miles in
> > > Melbourne (http://vogmae.net.au/). Most people before 2004 seem to
have
> > > posted video as an experiment as a one-off, were doing live video
> > > streaming,
> > > posted video to html pages (not blogs) so weren't easily
searchable, or
> > > erased their archives.
> > >
> > > Here are some of the early folks in this group as seen from
Videoblogging
> > > Week 2004.
> > > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/vog-week/
> > >
> > > In mid 2005, Youtube began....so by 2006 there were tens of
thousands of
> > > examples of videoblogs.

> > > definition is blurred and quite a lot of different Web-TV-genres
or types
> > > are subsumed under the concept of videoblog.)
> > >
> > > Ill let others jump in here. This is a well-traveled debate in
this group
> > > that comes up every 6-8 months or so.
> > >
> > > By the way, I dont know many German videobloggers (maybe just
Joel?