I too loved this story and am using it as a case study in the presentation I
am giving tomorrow to 200+ sales execs here in Honolulu. Thank you so much
for posting all of this David!

Aloha,

Rox

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Ron Watson <k9d...@mac.com> wrote:

> I really enjoyed visiting the web address at the end of the video.
> Very cool David.
> Very cool Microchip.
> peace,
> Ron Watson
> http://k9disc.blip.tv
> http://k9disc.com
> http://discdogradio.com
> http://pawsitivevybe.com
>

> On Oct 29, 2009, at 8:16 PM, David Jones wrote:
>
> > I just experienced the power of my video blog!
> >
> > I reviewed a hardware product here:
> > http://www.eevblog.com/2009/10/21/eevblog-39-pickit-3-
> > programmerdebugger-review/
> > and in my usual no punches pulled style, I gave them quite a serve.
> >
> > As it turns out the video made it's way all around the company
> > offices, even to the desk of their CEO. As with any multi billion
> > dollar corporation, I expected either deathly silence or a nasty
> > letter from their lawyers.
> >
> > But it turns out they really do care about their products and
> > customers, and really do listen, so they seriously took it as
> > constructive criticism.
> >
> > So not only was my critical blog well received, I got a lengthy call
> > from none other than the CEO, thanking me for the blog and raising the
> > issues. He pointed out a few factual errors which was fair enough, but
> > admitted they could have done the product better and most importantly
> > are working to fix the issues and give customers what they expect.
> >
> > That's like getting a phone call from Bill Gates apologising for
> > Windows Vista!
> >
> > They have even posted this well put together and hilarious video
> > response:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUvlrVlNao
> >
> > Absolutely amazing that a huge $4BN corporation took a small time
> > video blogger like me seriously!
> >
> > I greatly doubt my rants would have had anywhere near the same impact
> > if it was just a text blog.
> >
> > Dave.

Roxanne Darling
Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more
http://reef.beachwalks.tv
808-384-5554
Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv
Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com