We've used the G2 version ($500 new way back when) and it is a work
horse mic. It has survived nearly 4 years of continuous use out in the
salt and sea - all we have replaced is one $18 cable. It works as is
and the extra block connects to most wireless handheld mics and we
have even connected this to my apple laptop to get much better quality
sound live-streaming.

It is a work horse!

Aloha,

Rox