I still have high hopes for the future of Ogg.
Will be interesting to see what the next phase entails and if Google will
even contribute to Ogg or put out it's own project (typical).

Regarding Flash... We should frame this properly.... Flash obviously has
infinite uses beyond the standard "web video player" and will continue to be
heavily used by developers and consumers.
What I welcome is the ability to not depend on Flash for the standard web
video player and let it be supported by native browser/html standards and
get consensus on codecs and/or let web browser users configure it (prompt).

Sull

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Jay dedman <jay.ded...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm really bummed that Google and Apple are doing this with h264 and
> > Mozilla is using Ogg. The more I look into ogg the more that I see
> > that for most cases it can be just as good as h264. It would really
> > help if someone made a fucking compression app (with a GUI!!!!) for
> > it. Firefogg is pretty darn good though.
>
> Holy shit! Verdi this is a breakthrough! This summer I know you were
> pretty down on Ogg/Theora because it would never be as good as H264.
> "Just as good" wasnt good enough.
>
> Because Google and Apple are now separating ways and competing head to
> head, Id be interested to see if Google doesnt put out a version of
> Ogg/Theora that kicks ass because they have a team of engineers
> working on it. There would be profit in the investment because they'd
> no longer have to pay a codec license fee for their phones or
> websites.
>

> Jay
>
> --
> http://ryanishungry.com