----- "Jay dedman" <jay.ded...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All political speech should be available no matter what party is in
> power.

Agreed.

> http://politicalvideo.org started because you couldn't easily get
> access to President Bush's speeches. All his videos were locked in
> REAL or streaming Windows format. Several of us spent a week scraping
> Bush's presidential site, transcoding the video archive, and reposting
> online in a searchable format.

Not to mention it's ANITQUATED technology compared to what is available today
(And Republicans accuse the Democrats of not having enough transparency.  Hell,
when Bush & the Republicans were in power, THERE WAS NO TRANSPARENCY unlike
today)

> His speeches are posted online, including a downloadable mp4 and mp3:
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/weekly-address-reining-budget-deficits

I download his weekly addresses & other key speeches every chance I get.

> I would like to see even more transparency beyond just access to
> videos in the political process. http://sunlightfoundation.com/ is a
> good advocacy group to check out.

I too would like to see more transparency, but not necessariy from Obama.  But
rather from his Press Secretary.  I mean, they don't even make the daily news
conferences available.  That's unfortunate as I'd HATE to have to go digging
around on YouTube to see if someone posts them there JUST TO SNAG ONE LITTLE
SNIPPET.  It ain't worth all that IMO.  I should be able to just download the
whole thing, transcode it if need be, edit it, add additional material I plan
to add, save it, convert it (back) & upload it.  Plain & simple.

But alas, that's only if all things in this strasnge & sometimes screwy world
were equal (Which unfortunately they're not).

But I will check out the Sunlight Foundation.  Maybe they collect stuff I can
use.

BTW Quirk - What the heck is Bacterial Video?  I've never heard of that.

Cheers :D