Just wanted to comment with some real world numbers. I'm sure there are shows
on blip that make a $100K a year but mine isn't one of them. I suspect my show
is a little more real world for this list. I do a weekly news program of about
10 to 15 mins each week. The news is pretty focused in one market segment,
Internet Security. We get about 1000 views per episode. And that has been
slowly rising. We have been producing shows now for about a year. This last
quarter we received a blip.tv payment for $59.02. That's with both pre and post
roll ads. It is better than nothing but it barely covers our website hosting.
The best thing about blip is the 'free' video hosting (We pay $8 a month for a
pro account) and they distribute to iTunes and other venues automatically.
iTunes is about 30% of our viewership right now.
- C. Thomas