my neighbor does this for a living, and the scope of work you mention seems like a multiperson event. contact me , daredoll at gmail, and i can put you in touch with him.
--- In [email protected], Joly MacFie <j...@...> wrote: > > There is this one list that I've been on for ten years or so that has > a small group of streaming experts. They won't tolerate too much > newbie nonsense but for those of you seriously interested in live > streaming I can't recommend it too highly. > > http://lists.streamingmedia.com/listinfo/advanced > > j > > On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:18 AM, David Jones <david.jo...@...> wrote: > > Hi > > I've been offered a gig to do a live streaming blog from an event for > > 3 days in the US, payed for by the (big) company running the event. > > Never done anything like this before, I usually just run my talking > > head YouTube blog from my lab at home. Never live streamed before, and > > never had a paid video blogging gig like this before. They would even > > widely market me leading up to the event as being there live blogging. > > > > It would involve the usual stuff for a live event blog, walking around > > booths, interviews with key people and random visitors, and a wrap-up > > at the end of the day. > > > > No idea of the full details yet, but I thought I'd ask any general > > advice from those who have done full day/multiday live blogs. > > I don't know as yet if I'd just be the on-screen talent or they would > > expect me to do everything and provide all the gear and streaming > > infrastructure etc, I'm assuming the former, and that I'd get plenty > > of technical help. That wouldn't stop me bringing my own kit "just in > > case" though. > > > > What about stuff like recording live streams for edit/playback later?, > > what type of gear is needed, typical streaming software etc. > > How much actual "live" work would be typical for a full day event? etc > > I'm assuming that live streams would go "live" of course, and > > in-between they would show previously recorded segments? > > > > I've got plenty of ideas of course, but it would be good to hear from > > anyone who's been there and done that. > > So any and all tips appreciated. > > > > Thanks > > Dave. > > > > > -- > --------------------------------------------------------------- > Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast > WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com > http://pinstand.com - http://punkcast.com > Secretary - ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org > --------------------------------------------------------------- >
