Here are the direct links to my launch pages for streaming live video:

RetroVideo:
http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm
where I use FlashMeeting, which is rather low video quality, free service, 
somewhat difficult to get signed up and started using. Strong on video 
conferencing features including text chat, slide shows, drawing on the slides, 
etc.

Reports from the Field:
http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm
where I use Kyte.tv, much higher quality video, can stream live from any 
computer/cam and from limited cell phones with special software, recordings 
immediately available, can upload edited videos, audio files, photos with 
background audio, free basic service which I use and paid expanded services, 
starting a $150 per month. Player embedable on webpages and viewable on many 
cell phones. Player has a built in text/audio/video chat feature that really 
works well. I usually use Kyte for my live streaming gigs when I don't need 
videoconferencing features.

also, BamBuser.com, live streaming from computer/cam and many cell phones, 
recording immediately available, free service. Player embedable and viewable on 
many cell phones.

When I am streaming for an event I always have a double backup with two other 
services set up and ready to go, in case one conks out. I've need it 3 times 
out of 10, all three times when the big/fancy/costly primary service quit 
working in the middle of the broadcast I was able to immediately switch over to 
the backup. (earned me deep praise from my client twice, especially the time 
when their own "amazing computer guru" has set up the streaming service that 
died) I have to say that FlashMeeting, Bambuser and Kyte have always worked for 
me and the paid services are "hit or miss."

None of the above require special software, just flash drivers on the computer. 
To broadcast from phones special software needed.

John
www.HistoricHomeWorks.com



Reply via email to