For reasons that are unclear to me, I think that Miro converter is tending to encode to mpeg4 rather than h.264, at least with the presets they provide?
Yeah Android has potential, think Im going to wait a bit longer before trying it though, think it could use just a tad more polish. Would like to see android-based tablets, as I still struggle somewhat with mobile-sized screens, though in many other senses mobiles are more practical than tablets. I was reading something the other day about the relative demise of RSS compared to the likes of twitter. I guess its sort of true, though Im still a bit lost in this age of social webs, I dont find as many videos to watch this way as all the hype would suggest. There are still issues with one service coming to dominate as well, as seen recently with Facebooks 'Open Graph' Like button stuff. Any good video services built on top of twitter or facebook that people know about? Cheers Steve --- In [email protected], Mike Meiser <groups-yahoo-...@...> wrote: > > Glad to see Miro is still kicking it and staying relevant. > > I noticed hat they also have conversion for practically any video device. > http://lifehacker.com/5510682/miro-video-converter-easily-converts-video-for-your-android-psp-or-apple-device > > Been awhile since I used it. > > I also notice Boxee, which I believe is also open source or based off > open source has been making good waves. > > Heard it was possibly coming to Android. > > Excited about the potentials of android, like I was fond of saying > "the other 99.99% of the world's first computer will be a handheld > device or cell phone." > > The idea of a desktop computer will be laughable to geration born > today...as silly as a rotary phone. > > Phones are already doing things computers were just a couple years > ago. More importantly they've brought a whole new context to computing > and do a whole lot more. > > FInally I'm pleased to see that podcatchers (or whaever you like to > call them) are ubiquitously integrated into android phones. A half > dozen or so exist of varying qualities. Most just stream, some cache. > At least one does video as well. > > Getting a HTC Incredible this Thrs or Friday, will be digging further into > this. > > Most interesting to me it seems twitter/microblogging ironically seems > to be the mechanism by which most personal video, photo and other > media is delivered. The idea of media-rss and caching and what not > has served it's purposes but largely gone in a different direction... > i.e. media-rss has enabled search and increased interoperability, > created seemless media viewing experiences and increased general > transparency of the media rich web. but it's still the simplest > communication means through which most inter-personal many-to-many > communication is channeled. Even facebook is to complex for many. > > Peace, > > -Mike > > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Adam Warner <awarne...@...> wrote: > > I stand corrected... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sincerely, > > > > > > Adam W. Warner > > > > ________________________________ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________ > > From: Joly MacFie <j...@...> > > To: [email protected] > > Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 5:37:55 PM > > Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Anyone see this yet? Video subtitling > > initiative by Mozilla... > > > > > > Um, it's by Participatory Culture Foundation, not Mozilla. > > > > There is an existing effort http://dotsub. com > > > > An interesti ng recent development is http://speakertext. com , where > > once a can pay $20/hr (I think) to Amazon Mechanical Turk to > > transcribe videos. > > > > j > > > > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Adam Warner <awarne...@yahoo. com> wrote: > >> > >> http://www.drumbeat.org/project/universal-subtitles/ > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> Sincerely, > >> > >> > >> Adam W. Warner > >> http://adamwwarner. com > >> > >> ____________ _________ _________ __ > >> > >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > >> > >> > >> > >> ------------ --------- --------- ------ > >> > >> Yahoo! Groups Links > >> > >> > >> > > > > -- > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- - > > Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast > > WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup. com > > http://pinstand. com - http://punkcast. com > > Secretary - ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- - > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >
