In the past, if the video was only delivered via my own site/page, I would make the entire swf clickable with a transparent div overlay. For videos that are to move around and be shared and embedded around the web, I had opted to convert the video to swf format and hardcoded the canvas to be clickable to either a hardcoded default url or a dynamic url if the embed code contained the proper flashvar (i.e. url=http://mypermalink.com).
Likewise, By using Javascript APIs in certain flash players or html5 players, you can expose hyperlinks on the page at certain times or events. Other linking features are often available like watermark logos or menu links. The popular Jeroen/Longtail Video Player offers these: http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/jw-player-for-flash-v5/10628/configuring-the-jw-player-pro These techniques are hacky but were sufficient for certain needs. Sounds like you might want actual hyperlink text or graphics to appear at certain a certain point during a video or maybe multiple links etc. And as you seem to know, their is software out there for doing this.... typically used for ads. Here is some current news on such tech: http://www.marketingvox.com/adcenter-labs-shows-off-breakthroughs-video-hyperlinks-026592/ Quicktime allows for better hyperlinking within the canvas as has been pointed out. This is a good solution if you don't mind mandating Quicktime as the player. Would be interested to know about other options myself. Let us know if you find any interesting and affordable solutions. Sull On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Julian Seery Gude <[email protected]>wrote: > > > Hi, > > On occasion I need to export a mov or mp4 movie as a Flash (flv) file. > > I'd like to be able to embed a click through url in the movie like you can > do in Adobe Flash. I'd use Flash but I'm not shelling out $900 for something > I need once in a while. > > Does anyone have any other solutions such as third party tools that would > do this? > > I run on a Mac but I have PC's sitting around if need be. > > thanks > > /julian > > --- > Julian Seery Gude > [email protected] <julian%40exceler8.com> > {561} 584-9088 or {skype} exceler8 > LOCALNa8ion.com and exceler8.com > http://www.google.com/profiles/jinfinite8 > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
